By Shelly Mozlin updated 2/19/20
Enter body here...
- Saturday, February 29, 2020
- 10AHP/G27Nothern Westchester Dirt #2Harvey LoebPark at Katonah Lot #2, across the racks from the train platform. It is Leap Day, so let's ride! Forecast is for a cold day. This ride will warm you up since it is hilly. We ride on dirt roads where we can find them. We will do 2 different loops, each ending Katonah, so riders have the option of doing about 14 miles instead of the entire ride. Rest stop at Tazza. I do not believe my overall pace will exceed 10.0 mph.
- Sunday, March 8, 2020
- 10AHP/G+34Spring Classic Dirt Series #4: Fishkill Dirt #2Laura KellyLK's Spring Classic Dirt Series!
Join me as we work up to the Frozen Apple Ride! Each ride will feature a different route with varying elevation profiles.
Length, Elevation, and Route will be updated before the scheduled ride day.
Today's Ride: Fishkill Dirt #2
4,000' of climbing (you are reading that correctly)
Target avg: 10-11 mph (remember, there is over 100' per mile of climbing)
RWGPS shortened version of another ride I've done. This one is how we make friends with hills. :)
Gnar Factor: hardpack and pavement only
This is a Hilly route - three climbs averaging 7% or greater for 1.5 miles or more
LIMITED SERVICES so bring plenty of fluids and on-bike nutrition.
NO REST STOP but we will stop at the B&L Deli at mile 23 if needed (no bathrooms, cash only)
There is a gas station next door for restrooms (purchase required)
Co-leads welcome so we can accommodate a range of paces!
- Sunday, March 22, 2020
- 10AHP/G40SOLD OUT -- The Frozen Apple Gravel Spring Classic -- SOLD OUTLaura KellySOLD OUT at 200 RIDERS!! SEE YOU MARCH 22!
YOU MUST Sign In TO RIDE THIS EVENT.
If you're into early season lactic acid burning in your legs and have a sense of adventure, this ride is for you.
Kick off your spring gravel season with Sign In! Starting and ending at River Outpost Brewery in Peekskill, the 40-mile course is designed to be beautiful and challenging - including 2.5 miles of unmaintained roads and about 4,500' of climbing. About 70% of the course is dirt - most of the pavement is getting in and out of Peekskill.
This ride is not for beginners or those that prefer smooth hardpacked dirt. Conditions will be unpredictable, including wash-outs, potholes, ruts, rocks, sand, mud, ice, snow, or any combination of these conditions.
We also have no idea what the weather will be like in March. It could be sunny and 60*, could be 35* and sleeting. The ride will be on like Donkey Kong unless there is a state of emergency, in which case we will be in touch with registered riders.
All riders will receive a token for a beer at the end of the ride. River Outpost will have food and additional beverages available for purchase.
The Frozen Apple is presented by Sign In and Sign In in partnership with Sign In.
- Sunday, April 5, 2020
- 2:45PAll12020 Ride Leaders’ SummitGreg SimsPutting this in the ride calendar as a "save the date" for the 2020 Ride Leaders' Summit. This year's agenda is still being worked out but the place/date/time are known. We will meet on April 5th at Hillside Church in Armonk as in the past. The start time will be 2:45pm and end at 5:00pm. All ride leaders and perspective new ride leaders are encouraged to attend this informative session. Refreshments to be provided. Sign up and reserve the date in your personal calendar!