Updated WCC Covid Rules - November 22, 2022
Updated WCC Covid-19 Polcy - November 22, 2022
WCC has experiencedrecent cases of riders testing positive for Covid 19. The board would like to thank those people for following the correct procedure and reporting their situations. Remember that we need to remain vigilant and follow the following updated recommendations:
WCC mainly follows the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the NYS Department of Health. WCC's Covid rules may be altered due to changing circumstances and recommendations.
- Do not participate in any WCC ride or event if you are feeling ill. (See procedures below.) When in doubt, consult the Rides Chair beforehand.
- Only those who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 may take part in any Club ride or event. The CDC, as of Jan. 16, 2022, states: "Fully vaccinated means a person has received their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines." The Club, and a leader of any Club ride or event, may request documentation of vaccination in advance. Any member who knowingly fails to comply with this policy may be subject to such action as the Rides Chair or Board shall deem appropriate.
- Rides are limited to a maximum of 12 people (1 ride leader plus 11 riders).
- You must sign up for the ride on the website before the ride.
- All riders must be confirmed electronically by the ride leader.
- There is to be no spitting, nose-blowing or expelling fluids from your nose or mouth. Keep any tissues, handkerchiefs, etc. securely tucked inside your pockets.
- All riders must carry a face covering.
- Rest stops should be determined in advance and identified in the posted ride description.
- These restrictions cannot be waived by individual leaders. Additional restrictions may be added and enforced by individual leaders as they think appropriate.
- As always, ride leaders have the right to ask any rider to leave the ride when rules are not followed.
- If you become aware that you have contracted Covid, and you participated on a WCC Ride where you may have infected other riders, you must immediately notify the Ride Leader and Rides Chair that you have contracted Covid. The Ride Leader, Rides Chair or President will notify the other riders on that ride.
- If you contracted Covid-19: If after 5 days you are fever free for 24 hours, without the use of medication and your symptoms are improving, or you never experienced symptoms, you may join Rides. You must wear a high quality mask for an additional 5 days when indoors.
In Addition: Besides our standard Waiver, we will require all participants to acknowledge and agree that:
- Bicycle riding is inherently dangerous and riding in a group can increase the participant's chances of contracting COVID-19.
- The rider will take reasonable precautions on the ride to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and will behave in accordance with law and WCC requirements as well as the recommendations of public health office