- Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- 5:45PAll25Harvest Time Fling with Dinner at The GriffRichard Gluck
The Wednesday night fling is a training ride for all levels followed by dinner at the Griff. Different pace groups will be started as soon as they are ready.
There are three routes to choose from:
- The Classic, 25 miles, including the climb up John
- The Creemer Bypass, 23 miles for those who would avoid John
- The Shorty, 13+ miles for those who ride at a more leisurely pace or who are pressed for time
Click Sign Infor all the routes.
We have revived the tradition of dinner at the Griff. Here is the dinner menu: Sign In Please join us. If you do join us, bring cash, keep track of your meal and drinks, add 25% for tax and tip and kindly pay whomever is collecting. Nobody wants to subsidize your Salmon Napoleon, whatever that is.
Sign up even if the ride is full. It's all level and will break up into pace groups, so all will ride. Please indicate the pace level you intend to ride and whether you are planning to stay for dinner in the comments.
Pastor Blaze of Harvest Time Church is graciously allowing us to use the church lot on Wednesday nights. Everyone should be on their best behavior. Using Harvest Time's lot is a privilege, not a right. Please adhere to the following ground rules:
- Park in the back right of the lot, the part farthest from the church. There are likely to be church activities concurrent with the fling. Let's leave the parking spots close to the church for the churchgoers.
- Keep warm ups to the back of the lot.
- Don't indulge in any of the usual pre or post ride activities. You know exactly what I'm talking about.
- Church bathrooms are off limits. If you need to go, ride over to the Griff and use their facilities.
- 9:30AB46.3Westchester - Ct circuitTom Sebastian
SEE SLIGHT CHANGE IN START LOCATION BELOW
Lewisboro Town Park to N.Stamford and back via Ridgefield and N. Salem
Estimated pace 16 mph, but will adjust up or down within the B range depending on who shows up.
Please make sure you are familiar with the route and have loaded it in your GPS device.
Wet roads or 30% rain forecast before 1 PM cancels ride and I will text riders by 8 am day of ride if necessary.
My cell# (914)393-0182
Starting location change
We cannot park at Lewisboro Town Park (summer camps), so we'll park at John Jay High School by the tennis courts. From Rt 35 go north on Rt 121 for 0.3 miles (and about 150 yards past the track field on the left side) and turn on the first left towards the tennis courts, maybe another 30 yards. I think the Google address is 15 Cross River Shopping Center.
The cue sheet remains the same, just a slight change of the start point
- 4:30PC+20.4City Island Ride-Swim-DineAndy Katell
Join me on this adventure in da Bronx, reprising the inauguration of the route and festitivies on Sept. 16, 2020. We'll park at Lobster House on City Island (691 Bridge Street) then ride along the waterfront of rivers, coves, creeks and bays, all generally on Long Island Sound. Highlights will include the beautiful water-surrounded and historic campus of SUNY Maritime College, the underside of the Throgs Neck Bridge, expanses adjacent to the Whitestone Bridge, Fort Schuyler, Pelham Bay and Ferry Point parks. We'll stop now and then to enjoy the views on what is a very flat route, including some urban conditions. Toward the end of the ride, you have the option of going straight to Lobster House or continuing a mile to swim briefly on City Island before sunset. We'll dine outside. Supplies to bring, in addition to the usual biking accessories: Change of clothes for dinner (including layers in case it gets chilly after dark), towel, swimsuit, footwear, and cash to make the dining check easier to manage. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start.
- Thursday, August 5, 2021
- 5:30PA-48Thursday Night Training Ride*Bruce WellsRt 137 route around Bedford, the real deal. Save something for Rt 22 on the way back. Back by dark, but bring a light. Ride leaves promptly. Sunset: 8:09pm *Unaffiliated Ride
Start: Waller Ave.
Parking Lot, White Plains
- 9:30AC47.9Hunns LakeCandice O'Brien
One of my favorites!! Weather looks good but you know I always insist that the weather will cooperate!
Not much to say except that there's one irritating hill in the first half of the ride, but Hunn's lake is worth the effort!!
Rest stop at Jeanie Beans!!
Avg pace @13.0 . Slower/faster riders should post separately.
AIS at 9:30
Hope all my peeps can make it!!
- 9AC-28.5Bedford To New CanaanEllen Katz
Join me on my first lead of 2021. Here's one of my favorite routes. It's shady with fine roads and a decent amount of climbing. The terrain is really C level but I"ll be traveling at a C- pace. There are facilities at the start and we'll stop in New Canaan at the bagel shop with outdoor seating and, of course, a restroom. I expect to average in the low twelves. Load your device or print your cue sheet. Arrive by 8:45. Safety briefing at 8:55. We roll at 9. Hope to see you then.
- Saturday, August 7, 2021
- 9AB55.5CT Back RoadsTDog
Back in the area after two year hiatus and trying to find my legs. A nice ride through low traffic CT back roads. Start is at the park and ride at exit 42 of the Merritt Parkway (just north of the Parkway on Westport Road). Pace will be relaxed/steady so the ride leader doesn't go out the back and to account for what will be unfamiliar roads for most. No major climbs but steady up and down will resut in ~3500ft of elevation gain. Fun rip down Newtown Turnpike and the drag race through the Devil's Den in the last quarter of the ride. Stop comes early at mile 22.
- 8AC39.7TT Lakes to Croton DamDave Karel
This is a pretty ride, some on the bike path, to Croton Dam. Part of the ride will be on hard-pack to avoid rte. 129, also Shinglehouse, Spring Valley Road, etc. Please arrive early for parking at the Lakes is limited and the ride leaves promptly on time. AIS 8:00. Wet roads cancels.
- 9AHP/G+55Dirty HarryEric Torres
This route features over 50 percent gravel and dirt roads in Putnam County, with a boatload of climbing. Expect to pedal for around 4 hours. We'll slow roll frequently to stay together and take a break for refuel at mile 31, at Putnam Valley Market. Reccomended bare minimum would be nobby 28's on your bike.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021
- Thursday, August 12, 2021
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Thursday, August 26, 2021
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Thursday, September 2, 2021
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- Thursday, September 23, 2021
- 5:30PA-36Thursday Night Training Ride*Bruce WellsRt 22 route. Can you survive the climbs on Rt 22 immediately after the long climb up Rt 172? Back by dark, but bring a light. Ride leaves promptly. Sunset: 6:53pm *Unaffiliated Ride
Start: Waller Ave.
Parking Lot, White Plains
* Unaffiliated ride. This ride is not affiliated with the Westchester Cycle Club, but listed as a courtesy to the local cycling community.