CLUB REOPENING AS OF JUNE 9TH
At its June 2nd meeting, your Board of Directors voted to re-start our riding program, albeit at a reduced level, effective Tuesday, June 9 when phase 2 of the reopening occurs. We will accept listings on our ride board subject to the following restrictions:
- Do not participate in any WCC ride if you are feeling ill.
- At first, rides will be limited to a maximum of eight (revised from six on 6/24/20 grs) people (1 ride leader plus 7 riders). The website has been modified
- Saturday, August 8, 2020
- 8AA-100Dover Plains CenturyGreg SimsThis is Bruce's Double Century Warm Up Ride. No major climbs except the one out of Dover Plains at the northern tip of the route. First stop is in Dover Plains at 41.4 (before the climb), second stop is at 68.5 (a mile before the right turn on to Farmers Mill Road). Both are decent-ish gas stations. Other stops available around mile 80 if required.
- 8:30AB57West Side Story (featuring spectacular view from atop Ridgecrest Rd)No LeaderLeader Not Coming: Departs from Sleepy Hollow HS lot (near the sports fields) I'm not going to sugar coat it, this ride has a boatload of climbing spread throughout, but there is a breathtaking Hudson view high atop Ridgecrest Rd. Last 9 miles are mostly down but still a few punchy climbs sprinkled in. We will take 1 short break at mile 34, at the Bagel shop near Shrub Oak. Pace will be at the lower end of the "B" category at approx. 15 avg. Other leaders encouraged to post faster or slower pace groups. Be sure to bring a mask.
- 8:45AB51Armonk to LewisboroOrrie DinsteinA mix of old and new roads that take us from Armonk to Mt Kisco, over to Lewisboro and back via New Canaan and Scotts Corner to Armonk. As it's unclear when all the side roads will be cleared from Isaias debris I tried to stick to main roads as much as possible. I posted a 16 pace but as the ride is not overly hilly we may go a bit faster. There will be short refreshment break at mile 28 at The Farmer's Grand and a second optional break slightly before the end of the ride for brownies and beer on my deck.
- 8:30AB35.9Armonk to Lewisboro (new short version RWGPS# 33690040, Old ver # 33677071)Robert BlinkenA shorter version of Orrie's Armonk to Lewisboro ride - we head straight back to Armonk after exiting Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. Pit stop at Fifth Division Market in Cross River. Bike, spare inner tube, water, mask, sunscreen. Old RWGPS # 33677071 version deleted in server
- 9AC33Somers to Gypsy TrailHarvey LoebThis ride is mainly in Putnam County on some roads popular with WCC. There are some nice water views. The roads we will be riding on are not blocked. Gypsy Trail road condition is not great. Rest stop will be at about Mile 25. The Ride can be lengthened by about 9 miles by adding the Titicus Loop.
- 9AHP/G30.2Dirty GoldenS Bridge to HayfieldsDeborah RamseyA tried and true dirt route with a loop around Lake Katonah and a stop at Hayfields. Helmets, face coverings, ID, cell phones, and good cheer required!
- 9:30AHP/G30.2Golden’s Bridge to Hayfields a bit laterBill O'ConnellSimilar to Debbies a little later so rain can end - May start as late as 10:30 if still raining.
- Sunday, August 9, 2020
- 9:30AB53.5White Pond Ride and SwimAndy KatellLet's do a lot of climbing, including Miller Hill, then go for a swim (and picnic?) in beautiful, soothing White Pond. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to ride. Bring swimsuit, footwear, towel, refreshments. This is a no-drop ride observing all traditional and anti-coronavirus safety protocols.
- 8:15AC+49.8Triple-F from Armonk Muni LotWayne PalladinoReturning to the ride schedule by popular demand, a return of Triple-F: the Flat, Fast, Fifty from Armonk. A crowd favorite, we will start at the Municipal Lot in Armonk, glide up to Katonah, then drop straight down to Greenwich for a return up Riversville Road and King Street via Sherwood. A final stretch up Greenwich Road brings us back to Armonk. We'll start at 8:15 a.m. to avoid the warmer afternoon weather. Rest stop is in Bedford at approx. mile 24. Please bring the usual - tubes, hydration, helmet, face mask for rest stop, and good cheer.
- 8AC+49.8Triple-F from Armonk Muni LotEugene BirgyWayne's ride...
Returning to the ride schedule by popular demand, a return of Triple-F: the Flat, Fast, Fifty from Armonk. A crowd favorite, we will start at the Municipal Lot in Armonk, glide up to Katonah, then drop straight down to Greenwich for a return up Riversville Road and King Street via Sherwood. A final stretch up Greenwich Road brings us back to Armonk. We'll start at 8:00 a.m. to avoid the warmer afternoon weather. Rest stop is in Bedford at approx. mile 24. Please bring the usual - tubes, hydration, helmet, face mask for rest stop, and good cheer.
- 8:30AC+49.8Triple F from Armonk muni lotBill O'ConnellSame route 15 after Wayne
- 7:45AC+49.8Triple F from Armonk muni lotPaul CostagliolaSame route 15 after Wayne
- 8AC37.6Golden’s Bridge to RidgefieldEllen KatzLet's visit Shiek the camel, Barack O'Llama and Humphree the Alpaca. And let's get in a good workout. This route travels on some beautiful roads and a few busy ones. There's a good amount of climbing. We'll take a break in Ridgefield at Steve's Bagels. As always, arrive early and be ready to roll by 7:55. Safety talk begins then. Mask and hand sanitizer required. See you on Sunday.
- 9:30AD+17Armonk - North Greenwich loopOrrie DinsteinShort and moderately hilly ride from Armonk to north Greenwich through familiar roads. Pace will be around 10.5 but we will adjust for the group. Regular regroups. No planned stop but we will take short breaks throughout.
- 9:45AD15BRP CruiseNo LeaderLeader Not Coming: With not alot of time for riding, I am choosing an easy option-- a 13 mile loop on the Bronx River Pkwy on Bike Sunday. Meet at the North White Plains Metro North lot,where parking is free, and we will ride down the bike path to the County Center. The parkway opens for cyclists at 10. No cue sheet, ride at your own pace, and just enjoy the ride! I will probably only do 1 loop, but feel free to customize your ride.
- 9AHP/G40Anna's birthday rideNick JubokJoin us in celebrating Anna's birthday with a great ride on some of Ct. finest dirt, including some single track and mud. NOT SUITABLE FOR ROAD BIKES, 34c TIRES AND LARGER ONLY. Hang out afterwards for tailgating and birthday cake, BYOB