CLUB REOPENING AS OF JUNE 9TH
At its June 2nd meeting, your Board of Directors voted to re-start our riding program, albeit at a reduced level, effective Tuesday, June 9 when phase 2 of the reopening occurs. We will accept listings on our ride board subject to the following restrictions:
- Do not participate in any WCC ride if you are feeling ill.
- At first, rides will be limited to a maximum of eight (revised from six on 6/24/20 grs) people (1 ride leader plus 7 riders). The website has been modified to reflect this limitation. To deal with any overflow, the Rides board has been modified to allow other ride leaders to post the same ride, for which riders may start gathering at the same place at least 15 minutes earlier or later.
- Rides will be limited to club members only. No guests. No minors.
- You must sign up for the ride on the website before the ride.
- All riders must be confirmed electronically by the ride leader.
- Proper social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained at the start and at all times during the ride, including rest stops, red lights, stop signs, "mechanical" stops, etc.; where this is not possible, face coverings (masks, Buffs, neck gaiters, etc.) must be worn and "up".
- If more than one group is riding from the same start location, they must start at least 15 minutes apart. Groups should not rejoin one another during the ride.
- Cyclists should ride in a single file and at least 2 bike lengths apart, whenever possible.
- There is to be no spitting, nose-blowing or expelling fluids from your nose or mouth. Keep any tissues, handkerchiefs, etc. securely tucked inside your pockets.
- All riders must have a face covering. Face coverings must be in the "up" position at the start and finish of the ride and any place where the group stops for more than 2 minutes.
- Face coverings must be worn whenever social distancing cannot be maintained
- Face coverings may be "down" on suburban and country roads but must be "up" where there is a known or perceived risk of infection, or where the ride leader asks that masks be "up." Buffs, neck gaiters and similar items have worked out well for many cyclists since they can easily be pulled up or down.
- It is recommended that all riders carry their own hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes of at least 70% alcohol.
- The ride length chosen should take into account the limited availability of rest rooms and food stops. Rest stops should be determined in advance and identified in the posted ride description.
- These restrictions cannot be waived by individual leaders. Additional restrictions may be added and enforced by individual leaders as they think appropriate.
- As always, ride leaders have the right to ask any rider to leave the ride when rules are not followed.
In Addition: Besides our standard Waiver, we will require all participants to acknowledge and agree that:
- Bicycle riding is inherently dangerous and riding in a group can increase the participant's chances of contracting COVID-19.
- The rider will take reasonable precautions on the ride to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and will behave in accordance with law and WCC requirements as well as the recommendations of public health offices.